We are looking for exceptional people who share our mission: to reinvent how we measure human potential. At Imbellus, we build technology-enabled assessments that evaluate how people think instead of what they know. We believe society must develop minds to do what computers cannot. But today’s standardized tests value content mastery over critical thinking and creativity. By changing assessments, we reorient the education system and employers to measure more of what matters. The next phase of our roadmap includes some new, daring challenges: as the canvas for our assessments, we are building a simulation of the natural world. Our path involves pushing computational bounds in evolutionary algorithms, NLP, and computer vision.
We’re looking for Lead Recruiter
We are a team of scientists, mathematicians, systems designers, engineers, cognitive psychologists and artists. We are looking for a Lead Recruiter to help us grow rapidly while maintaining extremely high standards. Our Lead Recruiter will report to the COO and own the goal of talent acquisition. This will mean doing the recruiting (defining sourcing strategies, conducting outreach, managing candidates, and ensuring quality assessments), while simultaneously building our recruiting practice (defining and improving processes, scaling the recruiting team).
What you’ll be doing at Imbellus:
- Working with the CEO and COO to forecast growth, hiring needs, and prioritize searches
- Mapping the talent landscape in our core areas of talent acquisition and crafting unique outreach to hook targets (who receive umpteen recruiting solicitations daily)
- Working with hiring managers and with the firm’s technical advisers to scope roles and define assessment processes that yield quality reads on candidates and provide an authentic, compelling experience of Imbellus
- Managing and Imbellus’ end-to-end recruitment process
What you’ll need to succeed at Imbellus:
- 5-10 years experience in talent acquisition, spanning sourcing, outreach, recruiting process management, and candidate experience management, ideally as an individual contributor and team leader
- Experience scaling an early-stage startup or a growing a team within an organization, including hiring varied roles from disparate talent pools
- Ability to learn quickly and problem solve from first principles, not assume that traditional methods will apply
- Existing network in AI/ML talent pools and/or game design and gameplay engineering not required, but valuable
You’ll probably enjoy working with us if:
- You’re a systems thinker; you’d rather debate the concept than argue the example; you prize logic and reason
- You’re restless when not learning something new or stretching yourself
- You understand that at a fast-growing startup, priorities may shift rapidly. You value exposure across functions and are prepared to work on whichever team or goal is most impactful.
- You’re willing to open-mindedly challenge your own and others’ ideas, but also commit to the ultimate direction when the time comes
- You feel accountable and hold others to a high standard
Our name comes from the Latin word “Imbellis,” a breed of Betta fish. Betta fish don’t swim in schools. Welcome to our fish tank.